Anyone here watching anime?

edited May 2015 in General
So I started around Christmas and watched around dozen of them by now. I am too lazy to write all their names the moment, so if anyone watches could you tell me some good ones. Please no "plot" animes like H.O.T.H and I do prefer blood and gore, psycho, but funny ones are OK too.
russians hitting russians in russia because they are russin'

Comments

I'm watching anime.

Currently on my list are
    Knights of Sidonia (basically Battlestar galactica meets mecha meets anime)
    Log Horizon (What if people were trapped in a MMO, only not like Sword Art Online, politidickery, philosophical quandries about NPCs and munchkin combat)
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes (an old anime, a vertiable Game of Thrones-ish levels of politidickery and some great ship designs)
    and Aldnoah.Zero (basically future feudal martians with superpowered mecha invade earth and beat its shit in and now they're back for round 2 and they brought politidickery and more mecha)
    [12:49] William "Tankman": yuri loli spaceshipgirls
    [15:42] Jalern: I want to fuk r63 loli mao
    I watch anime (I'M SURE YOU NEVER GUESSED IT, HA), my list is around 136 series long. There're all kinds of shit there, though. I think I've probably watched stuff from all genres except Yaoi (which I'm pretty sure Kerlc secretly loves, so ask him).

I can Gundam you to death if you want.
    Or Mecha you to death.
    I can write you what I watched , if it helps. Also I would prefer something that isn't too long ( longest I watched was FMA brotherhood ). So no natuto , one piece or something like that
  • I've been watching a fair bit, but taking a break and spending my anime watching time playing Persona 4 Golden.

Almost all the animes I've watched are largely considered mainstream so you've probably heard most of them.

I guess some off-the-wall animes I recommend that theres a chance you haven't seen are
    Dofus (based on a video-game and is in french not japanese but still good)
    Claymore (Medeival Demon women with swords who kill more demony non-person demons, also the first 4 episodes nearly made me quit so don't stop there)
    Noragami (About a god who is trying to gain recognition)

Pretty much anything done by miyazaki is great with godlike animation.

I also recommend ATLAB and Korra even though they are not Japanese.
    "Gas giants don't discriminate. They have gas for everyone." -ASG
  • I recommend Serial Experiments Lain

and

Perfect Blue

Bot are psychological horror, enjoy.
    ➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈
    [7:45 pm] Kerlc: Being a cuck is great'
    Futanari Loli Nazi Succubus Squad ~☆「Sieg Heil」 Your Heart Into Ecstasy!!
    ふたなり・ロリ・ナチス・サキュバス・スクアッド~☆あなたの心をエクスタシーへ「ジークハイル」しよ!
    Well, guess I should recommend something.
    Guess I should start talking about Code Geass, which is about war, rebellion, betrayal and is pretty cool.
    And if you like some blood and action, guess you could enjoy some of the Fate/ series, but I would mainly suggest Fate/Zero.
    And since this one is a huge mecha fan, I must also recommend Gurren Lagann (before you think the fanservice is everywhere, that's just Yoko and the moment the mecha starts, well, you just don't care).

And from what I read up there, I would +1 Log Horizon, Aldnoah.Zero and Claymore.
    And maybe Legend of the Galactic heroes, but I still have to watch it in its entirety.
    thank you. I think I will start watching some trailers and reviews soon and I might watch a few before summer.
    Oooh, here's another one I quite like: Planetes. It's basically a slice of life/office drama/crime thriller set IN SPACE and the main protagonists are basically space garbage collectors. It's great fun. You see an astronaut in diapers.

which I'm pretty sure Kerlc secretly loves

You're just jelly cause you're uke.
  • I don't want to dig too deep into Anime. Those cartoon dwarves learned that the hard way.

However, I do follow
    -RWBY
    -Sword Art Online (Just the first season really)
    "Yae, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, 'cause I broughts a Minigun"
    ~The Bible of the Church of N
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 0

I
    -RWBY
    -Sword Art Online (Just the first season really)

That remembers me I should start watching RWBY, Rooster Teeth's stuff is cool.
    Also, SAO, yeah, the beginning is nice, nice idea, nice concept... but then it all goes down. I even got to watch until past the 2nd season or so? The GGO ended, I dropped, just couldn't put up with it any more.

Now then, after getting to chapter 64 of Legend of Galactic Heroes, I would like to tell you, that shit's cool. Like, ubercool. As cool as the Gundam Freedom's first launch scene and its posterior sudden arrival to battle, and I don't say this stuff often.
    Kerlc said:

which I'm pretty sure Kerlc secretly loves

You're just jelly cause you're uke.
  • IMO, RWBY is one of the better stories I've encountered. And the FF is just so interesting.
    "Yae, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, 'cause I broughts a Minigun"
    ~The Bible of the Church of N
  • Has anyone here heard of Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma? I haven't begun watching it yet, but it looks like the perfect anime.
  • VN's are good.

I'd recommend reading Tsukihime. It has pisspoor art, but the story is well worth the eye-searing.

In my opinion, VN's have a huge amount of untapped potential. It gives the opportunity to reread a story through several different perspectives and possibilities, allowing you to gradually piece together a larger whole rather than just having chunks of exposition flung at you over the course of a single plot.
    I will try to write everything I watched so far ... Hellsing (I recommend watching ultimate/OVA , awesome anime , lots of blood and gore and good story ). Full metal alchemist Brotherhood -great anime , the longest one I watched, had good plot , the feels and all that, you should watch it. Psycho pass - 1 season is better than the second one but still the anime is really good( the idea of how the future looks like is interesting).

darker than black- awesome anime , good story. Ergo proxy- awesome anime of the future, really interesting and a great plot twist at the end. Samurai champloo- awesome anime , funny and all and has a good story. Deadman wonderland - I liked the anime but I heard that compared to manga it isn't that good. Tokyo ghoul-I like it , good story(It isn't dubbed in case you watch dub-only). Trigun- awesome story , it is an old anime and I really like it.

Durarara- Awesome anime that is set in student part of a big Japanese city , good story and fun to watch. High school of the dead . NO, NO, NO AND NOOOOOOO, it has so many "plot" your eyes would bleed if they were pointy like Lara crofts. The devil is a part timer- awesome anime , funny , good story. Elfen lied- awesome anime, just finished watching( like half an hour ago), good story, gore, blood. Black lagoon-awesome anime , lots of strong female characters.Saint young men.good anime movie

This was written over 3 9gag comments and I could have written more about each one probably. I also watched death note which I really liked ( and even watched twice in 6 months) but didn't mention as the person I replied to already watched it. Also yesterday I finished watching Another. I liked it but compared to some I watched it isn't that good. Expected more horror from a horror anime. Probably gonna watch Ghost in the shell as my cousin recommended it to me.
  • On the post above, I really liked Darker than Black. And if you liked strong female characters as in Elfen Lied, I would definitely recommend Claymore.
    m8, do Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
    It's bloody brilliant. It has a death star vs death star battle.

It's awesome.
  • Ichi the Killer

It's a story about the wonderful world of necrophiliacs and the Yakuza

• edited June 2015 Posts: 576
    I am probably gonna stop watching anime for a few weeks and then continue. See 1-2 anime that I still wish to see and then probably start watching the ones mentioned above
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 0
    I take breaks like that sometimes. If I watch animes back to back I feel like I cant soak them in as much.