I'm Back!

text

Hey guys! I'm back! Although I don't expect to be around as much as I'd like because I finally got a job.

A lot has happened with me since I was last on here.
I discovered RoosterTeeth (Holy Crap, did I)
I discovered Studio Ghibli
Graduated High School.
Got an amazing new Girlfriend.
I started University (Temple University in Philadelphia) I'm going for a major in Electrical Engineering.
I have continued work on my tank game, I got the turret AI to work, and got some stuff slightly better than placeholder graphics.
I got a new Computer, best one I ever had. 2.8Ghz, quad core, epic graphics card, but only 4 Gigs of RAM.
Found out my epic new Computer was windows 8. Layed on the ground. Tried not to cry. Cried a lot. All my old games are now having compatibility issues (Any suggestions other than compatibility mode?)
Discovered Chrome.
Finally got some music that wasn't Taylor Swift.
Tried Writing some more.
Lost my 2 flashdrives. Lost the power cord for my external hardrive. Developed a great fear of losing all my data forever.
Still following Sluggy Freelance. But I now also follow Schlock Mercenary, FreeFall, Gaia, and Nerf This (and the companion comics to Nerf This)
I have also acquired the games FTL (I suck), WarThunder (I rock), Mount and Blade; Warband (I also rock), and Garry's Mod (I still need to play)

That's basically all I have to say. How're you guys? Have I missed anything important whilst away?
"Yae, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, 'cause I broughts a Minigun"
~The Bible of the Church of N

Comments

• Nothing is happening.

If this forum were incarnated as a human, it would be a pallid old man on life support, unable to move or speak, and silently begging for the plug to be pulled
    ➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈
    [7:45 pm] Kerlc: Being a cuck is great'
    Futanari Loli Nazi Succubus Squad ~☆「Sieg Heil」 Your Heart Into Ecstasy!!
    ふたなり・ロリ・ナチス・サキュバス・スクアッド~☆あなたの心をエクスタシーへ「ジークハイル」しよ!
    . . . That's . . . cheerful. How've you been Jalern?
    "Yae, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, 'cause I broughts a Minigun"
  • . . . That's . . . cheerful. How've you been Jalern?

Phantasmagoric
    Trying out a new look then? That's nice.
    Well, Jalern hasn't changed much. Uh... he has become more Jalern, though? Kinda, dunno.

On the community, well, it's like always, I guess. Inactivity from time to time, sudden outbursts of randomness, forgotten projects, forum games and occasional what the hell is this about events. that stuff. We're not completely dead.
    Yet.

Welcome back, anyway. There have been other come backs recently, ain't that curious?
    I dunno, I think they're all coinciding with the sudden end of our school years.

And it's good to hear the community is still doing fine.

btw: Does anyone know how to fix my windows 8 problem?
    On the Compatibility issues... yeah, I've had some too... some were solved by finding a "remastered" version of the old games, like Age of Empires 2 that's now on Steam. For other stuff, though... the only game I had to do stuff to make it work was Submarine Titans. And it was just: Close explorer.exe, set some compatibility mode stuffs, admin mode and I think that was all... if you list which games aren't working maybe there are individual solutions for them.
    Or maybe not.
    But trying doesn't hurt.
  • Well, Jalern hasn't changed much. Uh... he has become more Jalern, though? Kinda, dunno.

Stasis is a virtue.

The only way to fix windows 8 is to install windows 7.
    Hmm, is that all I need to do? Just run the windows 7 installer?
    For most of the games I've had issues with, I was able to find fixes and patches online.

Other than that, GOG, I guess?

Also welcome back.
    [12:49] William "Tankman": yuri loli spaceshipgirls
    [15:42] Jalern: I want to fuk r63 loli mao
    GOG?

And thanx
  • Welcome back. Glad to hear things are going well. I can really resonate with your Studio Ghibli discovery.

GOG?

And thanx

GOG (Dictionary.com): a chief prince of Meshech and Tubal who came from Magog. Ezek. 38–39.
    "Gas giants don't discriminate. They have gas for everyone." -ASG

GOG?

And thanx

GOG.com

They deal in a lot of old games that work on Windows 8 (they have a guarantee and if I'm remembering correctly, a refunds policy in place), most of which are fairly cheap (in the 1-10 dollar range, averaging at about 4-5). Also no DRM nonsense.

It's quite a lovely little store. They have mostly old games and indies along with the Witcher series.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 0

Hmm, is that all I need to do? Just run the windows 7 installer?

You'll need to buy a license, obviously. Either get an installation disk or just buy the license and download the installer.
    Or pirate it.

This is still not our universe.
    welcome back, I see you are playing war thunder so if you want to play with me ( need any help or something) add me there. The user name is DarkSoulReaper
    russians hitting russians in russia because they are russin'
    Welcome back, Energywelder. Glad to hear life is going well. I also have started university (studying Computer Science) and have a fantastic girlfriend of almost 7 months now.

The community is currently just a place for us all to post stuff. Maybe soon there will be another project of sorts, but for now, it's just posting stuff, being silly, having discussions, playing games, etc.
    /(?##~##)/
    Hey guys, good to see you all!

@Deadsoul, I'll add you too. Most of my floor mates this past year were too wrapped up in League of Legends to play War Thunder with me, So it'll be good to play with someone.

@Kerlc, I'll check it out, sounds pretty good.

@Gheiter, thanx for explaining it to me. Btw, did you hear what happened to piratebay?

@Elmzran, Good to hear you're doing fine too. And it's good to see the community is still chugging along like I remember.
    I did not expect the @username thing to work. Sorry if that leaves you an annoying notice or something.

Btw, did you hear what happened to piratebay?

When? I've been using Kickass since the last big takedown.
    This is still not our universe.
    Well that was what I was going to mention. Yeah, it's basically gone. It's still there, except it's using cloudflare now whose records CAN be subpoenaed by the FBI, so everyone is avoiding it like the plague.

And speaking of Kickass, why did they go to kat.cr all of a sudden?

Hey guys, good to see you all!

@Deadsoul, I'll add you too. Most of my floor mates this past year were too wrapped up in League of Legends to play War Thunder with me, So it'll be good to play with someone.

Nice, could you tell me your username so I can add you too

russians hitting russians in russia because they are russin'
  • Welcome back to the community.
    How do you say no to someone who asks you to say no?
    - Random Question Number 289

These Random Questions were not paid for by anybody.
    I use Energywelder for all of my Internet interactions. Going all the way back to like 5th grade or so.
  • I use Energywelder for all of my Internet interactions. Going all the way back to like 5th grade or so.

Your decision to work with electrical engineering and your username seem related.

• I use Energywelder for all of my Internet interactions. Going all the way back to like 5th grade or so.

Thank you for this important stalking information.
    "Gas giants don't discriminate. They have gas for everyone." -ASG
    Bonne chance avec ce. Any really old records would be deleted by now. My runescape is certainly gone. And I think that link is rather coincidental, I really wanted Energywielder, but that was one character too many.
  • Bonne chance avec ce. Any really old records would be deleted by now. My runescape is certainly gone. And I think that link is rather coincidental, I really wanted Energywielder, but that was one character too many.

Both seem related to me.

On Runescape, I haven't checked in the last few years, but I found my account still there after more than a year gap (I checked a few years before now). I wouldn't rule it out.

. . . one year gap huh? Cute. How about *does quick math calculations* today's sunday right? *more math calculations* And my sign is a Cancer *more calculations* which would make it . . . about 8 years ago I last played.
  • Some modern business systems tend to remove accounts after 30-90 days of inactivity, but Runescape is an older one for games. *checks Runescape page to see what happens if I 'forgot my password'* It says I'd need to go within Runescape due to my account status so it still remembers mine apparently.

I still remember how everyone in my primary school religiously played Runescape. It was kinda shit tho.

I heard they updated it but I can't be bothered to play with it.