Unnecessarily Vague Screenshots Of My WIP Game

edited February 2016 in Creations

I've been working on this for the past two or so months now. Didn't want to release anything before I was sure I could finish it one day.
It's likely that I'll rework a lot of the models over time.
This is still not our universe.

Comments

Looks nice.

BUT DOES IT EXACTLY SIMULATE ALL OF THE CELESTIAL BODIES IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM?
    [12:49] William "Tankman": yuri loli spaceshipgirls
    [15:42] Jalern: I want to fuk r63 loli mao
    Kerlc said:

BUT DOES IT EXACTLY SIMULATE ALL OF THE CELESTIAL BODIES IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM?

Do them not being there at all count?
    Heresy.
    Pure and unabashed heresy.
    [12:49] William "Tankman": yuri loli spaceshipgirls
    [15:42] Jalern: I want to fuk r63 loli mao
  • Looks impressive. Good luck with it.
  • seems interesting, might we know what it's about ?
    russians hitting russians in russia because they are russin'
    Deadsoul said:

seems interesting, might we know what it's about ?

It's a remake of this.
  • Nice man. Keep us updated.
    /(?##~##)/

• shiny
    "I am sorry but if you don't like cake you're literally hitler
    Like I'm pretty sure an entire chapter of Mein Kampf is all about how much he loathes cake" - Kerlc, 2016

[3:35:15 AM] Kerlc: they have boobs
    [3:35:18 AM] Kerlc: but they still have 12

[10:00:19 AM] Kerlc: I actually prefer the penetration
  • Directed by Michael Bay.
    "Gas giants don't discriminate. They have gas for everyone." -ASG
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 419
    I was planning on getting an alpha release out a before last Sunday, but didn't feel like there was enough content yet. I'm currently in Britain for an internship so progress will be quite slow for the next month.

Setting up an actual dev blog for this is something I've been considering for when I get back to Finland, seeing as I'm going to try to commercialize this somehow. Possibly trying to get it greenlit, and at the very least putting it on sites like itch.io. Any amount of passive income as a student would be hella rad.

Anyway, have some more vague screenshots.
    I've made colors quite a lot more vivid, giving the game a nicer atmosphere overall.

(First screenshot vs latest)

Note that some of them are a bit darker than the actual game, since screenshots don't capture in HDR.
    Also, there's no antialiasing at the moment, hence the jagged edges.
  • Can't say I've seen too many giant space tanks before.

Looking at these new screenshots makes me think space engineers meets FTL meets command and conquer on crack.
  • Looks awesome, although I wonder how it's played.
    How do you say no to someone who asks you to say no?
    - Random Question Number 289

These Random Questions were not paid for by anybody.
    Gheiter said:

I'm currently in Britain for an internship so progress will be quite slow for the next month.

How are you liking the weather?

This looks sweet. I look forward to that alpha release.
  • The lighting looks better now at least.
    "I am sorry but if you don't like cake you're literally hitler
    Like I'm pretty sure an entire chapter of Mein Kampf is all about how much he loathes cake" - Kerlc, 2016

[3:35:15 AM] Kerlc: they have boobs
    [3:35:18 AM] Kerlc: but they still have 12

[10:00:19 AM] Kerlc: I actually prefer the penetration

Looks awesome, although I wonder how it's played.

The controls consist mostly of just the mouse, alt and ctrl. You'll be manufacturing alloys by sending mining ships to gather ore from asteroids. With these resources you can expand your station and build better defenses in order to keep pirates at bay, so you can get more alloys so you can expand your station and defenses in order to keep pirates at bay, so you can get even more alloys and expand even more and build even better defenses so you can keep even more pirates at bay ... (repeat until dead).
    Mokushi said:

Gheiter said:

I'm currently in Britain for an internship so progress will be quite slow for the next month.

The constant rain sure is awesome.
  • Gheiter said:

The controls consist mostly of just the mouse, alt and ctrl. You'll be manufacturing alloys by sending mining ships to gather ore from asteroids. With these resources you can expand your station and build better defenses in order to keep pirates at bay, so you can get more alloys so you can expand your station and defenses in order to keep pirates at bay, so you can get even more alloys and expand even more and build even better defenses so you can keep even more pirates at bay ... (repeat until dead).
    Mokushi said:

Gheiter said:

Something tells me you got some inspiration from the Pirate Bay.
    Damn Gheiter, this is looking like some good shit. Got any videos to share?
    /(?##~##)/
    Not for another month at least. This laptop I've with me couldn't exactly be considered beefy.
    Looks awesome, are you considering adding PvP or something like that later on.
    russians hitting russians in russia because they are russin'
    I've built the game so that adding multiplayer features later would be relatively easy, so yes I'm considering it. Whether I actually end up implementing multiplayer depends on how well single player turns out.
  • Gheiter said:

Mokushi said:

Gheiter said:

On gameplay, I see. I assume it's real time. Is there a time limit between waves to add and repair things?
    Gheiter said:

I've built the game so that adding multiplayer features later would be relatively easy, so yes I'm considering it. Whether I actually end up implementing multiplayer depends on how well single player turns out.

If you do make multiplayer, would it be co-op or one would player control threats or how would it work?

On gameplay, I see. I assume it's real time. Is there a time limit between waves to add and repair things?

It's real time, yes. At the moment the waves spawn even if the previous wave is still alive. I might change this later, not sure yet.

If you do make multiplayer, would it be co-op or one would player control threats or how would it work?

Likely both. Co-op, and a PvP mode where both (or more) players build stations and try to eliminate each other (Pirates in this mode would be optional).
  • Gheiter said:

It's real time, yes. At the moment the waves spawn even if the previous wave is still alive. I might change this later, not sure yet.

Likely both. Co-op, and a PvP mode where both (or more) players build stations and try to eliminate each other (Pirates in this mode would be optional).
    I see. Sounds like it would be fun and challenging on both.

Here, have more.

• So how exactly is camera going to work in this game?

So how exactly is camera going to work in this game?

It's an orbiting camera. Mwheel zooms in and out, holding right mouse will allow panning in all directions (except forward and back, obviously).
    I'll probably implement a free camera mode as well, where WASD will be used to control the movement, and mouse to look around.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 0
    The background seems kind of dark. Will there be any stars / galaxies in the distance?

EDIT: Zooming in, I can see the stars, so nvm. Looking good.
    /(?##~##)/
  • Nice pictures. In that second to last one, is that streak a beam or missile trail?

Nice pictures. In that second to last one, is that streak a beam or missile trail?

It's a trail of a railgun projectile.