Aurora 4X

Anyone else try this game? It's been called the Dwarf Fortress of Space in some places. It's not that far off. Although DF is more complex as a whole, Aurora is space empire themed. I am just beginning to try it out for the most part.

Main link: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=5663.0
How do you say no to someone who asks you to say no?
- Random Question Number 289

These Random Questions were not paid for by anybody.

Comments

• I know Kerlc played it.

Me? I've tried it. Once I got past the battle that is how to start the game I just...

Nope, absolutely not. Not even going to try and use that UI.
    "I am sorry but if you don't like cake you're literally hitler
    Like I'm pretty sure an entire chapter of Mein Kampf is all about how much he loathes cake" - Kerlc, 2016

[3:35:15 AM] Kerlc: they have boobs
    [3:35:18 AM] Kerlc: but they still have 12

[10:00:19 AM] Kerlc: I actually prefer the penetration
  • I might check it out, although I've been playing this other game called "Dark Soul," I don't know if you have heard of it.
    "Gas giants don't discriminate. They have gas for everyone." -ASG
    I've played that game several times. It's basically Spreadsheets: The Game. I like it though I don't ever devote a lot of time to it.
    [12:49] William "Tankman": yuri loli spaceshipgirls
    [15:42] Jalern: I want to fuk r63 loli mao
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 1,946

I know Kerlc played it.

Me? I've tried it. Once I got past the battle that is how to start the game I just...

Nope, absolutely not. Not even going to try and use that UI.

I see.

I might check it out, although I've been playing this other game called "Dark Soul," I don't know if you have heard of it.

I see. Like DF, it is quite hard to start, but has a very interesting premise. I have heard of Dark Souls, but not Dark Soul. Is it the same?
    Kerlc said:

I've played that game several times. It's basically Spreadsheets: The Game. I like it though I don't ever devote a lot of time to it.

I see. How far have you gotten?

I've gotten as far as encountering my first enemy race whereupon I got completely annihilated by them. I can't design combat things for toffee.
    [12:49] William "Tankman": yuri loli spaceshipgirls
    [15:42] Jalern: I want to fuk r63 loli mao
  • I might check it out, although I've been playing this other game called "Dark Soul," I don't know if you have heard of it.

I see. Like DF, it is quite hard to start, but has a very interesting premise. I have heard of Dark Souls, but not Dark Soul. Is it the same?

Idk man I just bought and downloaded this game called Dark Soul because I knew you could kill a ghouls-and-ghost.
    "Gas giants don't discriminate. They have gas for everyone." -ASG
    I tried learning how to play it a while back. Seems so cool, yet so difficult to learn. Gave up after a while, may try again later.
    /(?##~##)/

I might check it out, although I've been playing this other game called "Dark Soul," I don't know if you have heard of it.

Idk man I just bought and downloaded this game called Dark Soul because I knew you could kill a ghouls-and-ghost.
    I am not sure what you mean.
    Elmzran said:

I tried learning how to play it a while back. Seems so cool, yet so difficult to learn. Gave up after a while, may try again later.

What makes it most difficult in your opinion? I am trying to figure out how to make a similar scale of a game without the same steep initial challenge.